Ducklings eating hemp bedding

nicoleb875

Songster
Oct 2, 2019
I just got some hemp bedding in from amazon and I put it in my duckling's brooder which is a big storage tub from home depot because they are in my bathroom. I put them in it with the new bedding and one of the ducklings decides its food! shouldI be worried? do I need to take it out? this is my first time raising duckings they are 3 week old buff ducks I hatched myself :)

Have you put any chick grit in with them? put it in a separate bowl from their feed . What were you using for bedding before you got the hemp? Do they have feed around the clock now? very important.

they have feed 24/7 and have had chick grit since day 1. I was using puppy pads because im allergic to the other shavings and my amazon order decided to take forever.

Watch closely it may be just something that will pass they always seem to want to try and eat everything until they realize it isn't food. If this duckling keeps it up go back to putting pee pads over the bedding for a few days.

mine will be 5 in march and still sometimes eat their bedding (i use hemp and pine shavings) but we've never had a problem with them getting sick, just keep water out for them

Back
Top Bottom