Ducks and Geese

There's a difference when you get them all together than already have one or the other and are bringing in new ones to integrate. you can not just put them all together and think they will live happily ever after.
I agree.

I added week olds to several month olds. All was fine for months. My experience may not be the same but I like to warn of potential problems too so that everyone is aware that things are not always good. I always recommend having a back up plan. Regardless of what you are doing. You don't want your animals to suffer because you weren't prepared or thought everything would work out.

I may do geese again. But they will be housed seperately and likely have their own run. They are so large, if you get a goose or gander that is not happy with another bird, the other bird will likely lose.

Of course it could go any way If you want to go into detail. It all depends on the personality of your animals. Ive raise many different flocks and seen it go both ways. Only once it turned out bad when I had an very over protected gander. Then I had to take a different approach in that situation.

Thanks so much for the tips! I'm debating whether I want to go through that or not. Sounds like so much extra work, and these ducks are already taking up so much time (perhaps some would say they are a bit "spoiled", but hey...they love bonding time with me and watermelon and peas!)

Oh gosh! The more I'm hearing, the more I'm leaning towards not confusing my situation. The 4 ducks seem to be doing okay on their own.

Back
Top Bottom