Ducks are moving out!

Jun 5, 2022
My two ducks are moving out on monday. I have a pond but I’m way too scared to put them in it. Instead, I have them a shelter inside of a dog kennel with a kiddie pool. I’ve bought hardware cloth to put around the dog kennel. Once they’re settled, I’m going to add a runner. Do I need a roof for the dog kennel?

Im so scared and nervous they aren’t going to make it!! They spend most of their days in the kiddie pool already and walking around my yard. There’s always atleast one person supervising them, plus my boxer and beagle dog outside with them. And we have foxes coming up in our yard still and have to shoo them off or the dogs chase after them. They aren’t even scared of us!

My two ducks are moving out on monday. I have a pond but I’m way too scared to put them in it. Instead, I have them a shelter inside of a dog kennel with a kiddie pool. I’ve bought hardware cloth to put around the dog kennel. Once they’re settled, I’m going to add a runner. Do I need a roof for the dog kennel?

Im so scared and nervous they aren’t going to make it!! They spend most of their days in the kiddie pool already and walking around my yard. There’s always atleast one person supervising them, plus my boxer and beagle dog outside with them. And we have foxes coming up in our yard still and have to shoo them off or the dogs chase after them. They aren’t even scared of us!
Most definitely need a roof! Cats and raccoons can get over the fence; flying predators most definitely can get in. I had my duckies out in the yard foraging during the day and put them up at night until, black vultures and turkey vultures almost wiped out all of my ducks. I ended up buying more aviaries (large metal frame green houses I attached chicken wire to the frame with zip ties) to allow them to be out during the day to have freedom and I installed their own little pond in the enclosures. Haven’t had a problem since.

Back
Top Bottom