Ducks changed my life.

Quote:
I think of you often, btw. Much love to you!

hugs.gif
I think of you often, too, and try to send good vibes your way!

Much love to you, too!!

what an inspiring story.

I needed to have more work, so we got ducks and chickens.
LOL, not really, we wanted eggs and ducks are cute.....and lots of work.....Now that they are adult, they are less work, and I get enjoyment every single day watching their antics, from head bobbing, to chasing, to the daily morning orgy in the 4' kiddie pool. 14 ducks all trying to jam in there, it is the funniest thing!

I work corporate america job, and if my office closes (a constant threat) or I get fired (12 YEARS and they are always looking for a reason to let anyone go) then I will stay home with my teens and tend to birds....and grow my own veggies....I am actually not as fearful as I used to be of losing my job. I figure I have lots to do, and a family who is close and supportive. DH built the coop up for me, it was very short and very old, now it has new eaves he made and I laid a new roof myself....and I can walk in standing up, hence the 'mansion" reference I use in all my posts...but other than that he just eats the eggs. Occasionally he will buy a bag of feed if I am out, but mostly the teens and I work it. DH now has to repair the fence that blew down this weekend....we have a goat that may be moving in.....which means I need a second one......

Your story gives me hope, you write very well and your pictures are great. Glad the calf is going to make it, and stupid neighbors should not have moved to a place where they would be irritated. I hope you have good fences and you get along now.

Back
Top Bottom