Ducks in the garden

Zan

Chirping
Jul 7, 2017
Western Oregon, USA
Does anyone use ducks as pest control in their veggie garden? I have a sow/pill bug and slug problem. I'm hoping the ducks can run in the garden and eat bugs for me.

I have raised beds in 1/2 the garden and a traditional garden in the other 1/2. Pros? Cons? Potential problems?

Does anyone use ducks as pest control in their veggie garden? I have a sow/pill bug and slug problem. I'm hoping the ducks can run in the garden and eat bugs for me.

I have raised beds in 1/2 the garden and a traditional garden in the other 1/2. Pros? Cons? Potential problems?
The ducks will probably eat all the bugs but they may tear up the garden as well. I don't have any ducks so I don't know for sure but maybe some one else here will

I've gone down that road and learned very quickly that if I want to actually eat anything from my garden I better get to it before the ducks do. They are great on bug patrol but unfortunately they will destroy your garden. After your veggies are about through for the year you could let them in and they will have a blast.

Back
Top Bottom