Ducks killing other ducks

If you want non flying females my Rouen Ducks are great ducks. They eat out of my hand and used to lay great eggs for me but now being almost 7 years old I don't hardly get any from them. They can fly a couple of feet in the air but will not leave your property though flight. Good luck with your decision and I am so sorry that you lost your one and only female. I would rehome those drakes if you want only females. Buy sexed ones and Metzer Farms is a good place to get them from. I had mine shipped from California to Ohio, they were Mallards but those can fly and I have to clip their wings.

If you want non flying females my Rouen Ducks are great ducks. They eat out of my hand and used to lay great eggs for me but now being almost 7 years old I don't hardly get any from them. They can fly a couple of feet in the air but will not leave your property though flight. Good luck with your decision and I am so sorry that you lost your one and only female. I would rehome those drakes if you want only females. Buy sexed ones and Metzer Farms is a good place to get them from. I had mine shipped from California to Ohio, they were Mallards but those can fly and I have to clip their wings.
I’m getting them from Meyer Hatchery. I have just placed the order -
1 Blue Swedish
1 Black Swedish
1 White Layer
1 Rouen
1 Fawn White Runner
1 Cayuga
I thought the rouen were so pretty.

I’m getting them from Meyer Hatchery. I have just placed the order -
1 Blue Swedish
1 Black Swedish
1 White Layer
1 Rouen
1 Fawn White Runner
1 Cayuga
I thought the rouen were so pretty.
I hope that they all come to you healthy. I have only ordered from Metzer Farms by mail before but have gotten several from Hoover's Hatchery at our local Rural King. They were all fine. It's cold here right now but I have bought some in February before. They just had to stay in the house for 6 weeks and it was a long six weeks with how much they poop. Good luck with your little ones. I like your selection.

I hope that they all come to you healthy. I have only ordered from Metzer Farms by mail before but have gotten several from Hoover's Hatchery at our local Rural King. They were all fine. It's cold here right now but I have bought some in February before. They just had to stay in the house for 6 weeks and it was a long six weeks with how much they poop. Good luck with your little ones. I like your selection.
I am getting them in around April - May. I wanted a variety and some duck eggs this time. The problem I didn’t like with Hoovers was they are straight run only. I am keeping one of my Pekin males and getting rid of the other 2. One is not very nice.

I am getting them in around April - May. I wanted a variety and some duck eggs this time. The problem I didn’t like with Hoovers was they are straight run only. I am keeping one of my Pekin males and getting rid of the other 2. One is not very nice.
Are you planning on hatching out duck eggs? I just wondered if you had a plan if you ended up with all drakes. I do have a friend and his wife that love eating them and they give me 4 dollars a piece for them to help with my feed bill. I hate that they get eaten but at least they don't suffer long and they feed a family. Otherwise I don't know what I would do with mine as I can't get anyone to want them here.

Are you planning on hatching out duck eggs? I just wondered if you had a plan if you ended up with all drakes. I do have a friend and his wife that love eating them and they give me 4 dollars a piece for them to help with my feed bill. I hate that they get eaten but at least they don't suffer long and they feed a family. Otherwise I don't know what I would do with mine as I can't get anyone to want them here.
You are right about Hoover's when I get them from our Rural King they are all straight run. I usually always end up with a hen and a drake and have been lucky to have never of gotten 2 drakes. I have bought them three different times and have either lost or rehomed my drakes. I now have one that I am sure is more than likely a drake so I will keep him to see how nice he is in the spring before I call my friend. He already wants to know the sex of my last two because he is hungry. Ugh!!

Maybe 🤔- I’m thinking about it - I do hatch lots of chicken eggs

Back
Top Bottom