Early hatch

JennH07

Crowing
14 Years
May 1, 2010
Hastings, MI
So I had 2 chickens go broody so I bought fertilized eggs and placed 4 under each hen at night. The next morning one hen was off the eggs not broody any longer and the eggs were scattered. So I took the eggs and put them under the other hen. To make a long story short 2 more hens went broody and started taking eggs from the 1st hen and they were playing musical eggs. I set the eggs under the 1st hen on May 30th. That would have put me to June 27th. When I went out to put my chickens to bed last night I found chicks! Is is it normal for chicks to hatch a week early or did I somehow count wrong?

So I had 2 chickens go broody so I bought fertilized eggs and placed 4 under each hen at night. The next morning one hen was off the eggs not broody any longer and the eggs were scattered. So I took the eggs and put them under the other hen. To make a long story short 2 more hens went broody and started taking eggs from the 1st hen and they were playing musical eggs. I set the eggs under the 1st hen on May 30th. That would have put me to June 27th. When I went out to put my chickens to bed last night I found chicks! Is is it normal for chicks to hatch a week early or did I somehow count wrong?
They’re not early, that’s actually right on time.

Back
Top Bottom