Eating eggs after incubating a bit

Sandfly45

Songster
Sep 1, 2019
I've had some eggs in the incubator for about a week and today I checked to see if any are fertile. Some are not so I've taken them out. Can we safely eat these unfertilised eggs if they've been incubated a week already? They were 1 - 3 days old when I set them

:sick Are you that desperate for food?
Lol no not at :lol: I'm just experimenting with putting perfectly good eating eggs from our little flock (yes we also have roosters) in the incubator. We currently only get 2 eggs a day, so when it turned out they weren't fertile it just seemed a waste to throw them out. But seriously I didn't know if they were safe to eat after a week in the incubator, that's why I asked...🤷‍♀️

Lol no not at :lol: I'm just experimenting with putting perfectly good eating eggs from our little flock (yes we also have roosters) in the incubator. We currently only get 2 eggs a day, so when it turned out they weren't fertile it just seemed a waste to throw them out. But seriously I didn't know if they were safe to eat after a week in the incubator, that's why I asked...🤷‍♀️
if they’re not too far along I scramble them for the cats...
if they’re more developed, then they get buried 😂

Back
Top Bottom