EE or Ameraucana?

Pics
Yeah, I remember twenty years ago when I had what I now know were Easter Eggers and they all laid blue or green. I remember being inordinately pleased with myself when I crossed a Marans hen to my EE rooster and got a pullet that laid army green eggs. That was back before the "Olive Egger" was all the rage. And now people are making Fibro EE/OE and a bunch of other nonsense that basically amounts to a bunch of mongrel birds whose type and egg color are all over the place. And with the addition of the CCL to the EE mix, it's just further messed up what little they had going for them for type. lol
Heck, my mixes that people claim are EEs all lay white or cream eggs. I don't even get brown eggs from them.

Heck, my mixes that people claim are EEs all lay white or cream eggs. I don't even get brown eggs from them.
Which is why the term EE being blanket applied to everything is DUMB. lol
Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

Which is why the term EE being blanket applied to everything is DUMB. lol
Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF
But! But! Some of them have muffs! So it must be! The others, well, they're mixes, so apparently, they still must be!

This is why I'm so concerned about EEs versus nonstandard/mixed colored purebreds, because at this point, it seems like I could post any one of my birds and if they are not absolute show quality, no matter what they are, they can just be dubbed EEs

Last edited:
95% of the people are arrrr-words from Facebook and stuff. So I just ignore them. In fact, I seldom look at any of the poultry groups on there because I can't handle the stupid. lo

95% of the people are arrrr-words from Facebook and stuff. So I just ignore them. In fact, I seldom look at any of the poultry groups on there because I can't handle the stupid. lo
No, this just here. I buy and sell on my facebook group , but I don't bother asking for sex or breed on there.

Because They only have the mixed pen and I don't want to order from yet another hatchery if I decide to get them. Plus I like having a bit of variation so I can tell individuals apart.

And I'm not planning to show them, it just drives me nuts when people look at my birds and tell me without reading any information I have on them posted that they're EEs. Based on my personal definition (a muffed bird of unknown heritage that often lay a green or blue egg), absoulutely none of my homebrew mixes are EEs because they are not an unknown heritage. I know exactly what breed mom and dad are, so they're mixes with muffs, yes, but not EEs. But I'm tired of people jumping in my posts to "correct" me that my bird is an EE (or a black sexlink, that happened a lot with one of them too) when it's not even close to one.
You do realize that you can order an assortment of Easter Eggers from any major hatchery between the price o $2.50 - $5.00?
No, this just here. I buy and sell on my facebook group , but I don't bother asking for sex or breed on there.
Hello. You are allowed to pay whatever amount you want for the chicken that you desire. Chickens are like art. Sometimes it is not the breed that you want, but the quality from the breeder you are buying for. This includes breeds or project birds. Some people put a lot of time and effort to create hybrids, improve on existing breeds, etc. List goes on. Sometimes it's supply and demand, etc. If you want it, buy it. When you sell those however, don't sell them as Ameraucanas. LOL.

I do want to note that easter eggers, you can buy online for as cheap at $2.50 up to $5.00. It can lay any color egg.

You do realize that you can order an assortment of Easter Eggers from any major hatchery between the price o $2.50 - $5.00?

Hello. You are allowed to pay whatever amount you want for the chicken that you desire. Chickens are like art. Sometimes it is not the breed that you want, but the quality from the breeder you are buying for. This includes breeds or project birds. Some people put a lot of time and effort to create hybrids, improve on existing breeds, etc. List goes on. Sometimes it's supply and demand, etc. If you want it, buy it. When you sell those however, don't sell them as Ameraucanas. LOL.

I do want to note that easter eggers, you can buy online for as cheap at $2.50 up to $5.00. It can lay any color egg.
Yes, they can lay any color egg. Which unfortunately nowadays means it's likely to be pink, brown, cream or green. Not a guaranteed blue like I want

Back
Top Bottom