Egg hatching Laying down or standing up ?

TippsiRabbit

Chirping
Mar 4, 2021
Hello everyone it's me again :)
I found while searching informationi n the Net a lot of video's(naturally)were people let the Eggs in lockdown standing upright in the turner 😳 and let the chick's hatching in that position. Others insist in laying them down and remove the turner.
Some say if you had the Eggs shipped upright is safer to let them Hatch .
what are your thoughts and experiences with that?

Hello everyone it's me again :)
I found while searching informationi n the Net a lot of video's(naturally)were people let the Eggs in lockdown standing upright in the turner 😳 and let the chick's hatching in that position. Others insist in laying them down and remove the turner.
Some say if you had the Eggs shipped upright is safer to let them Hatch .
what are your thoughts and experiences with that?
I hatch laying on their sides. This at lockdown.

My old incubator incubates eggs upright in the Turner. Turner needs to be removed at lockdown.

My new incubator, incubates eggs on their sides, so all that's need to be done at lockdown is turn off, & remove the turner.

When hatching shipped eggs, usually you candle the egg and look for the air cell, and postion the eggs accordingly. You might have to incubate upright until the air cell stabilizes if it's loose, and lay it down if it stabilizes. I think hatching upright is usually for the eggs with the really bad air cells.

Back
Top Bottom