Egg thief in Iowa!

Interesting!! Do they have a favorite spot to lay? A game cam would perhaps catch your problem on film. The downsize is you will get hundreds of pics as any activity will trigger a pic. You might try putting golf balls in the laying boxes. Golf balls will deter egg eating by your chickens and will cause a snake to have quite a belly ache.

Found the cat an her kitten in our barn in the hay... guess what was behind a hay bail? A bunch of broken eggs and a bunch of non broken eggs!! I think I have a bad cat on my hands. Grrrr. The kitten is so cute, though!
smile.png
_

Wow, that's interesting. How in the world did a momma cat carry whole eggs over to her lair? I can see why see would eat eggs to have nutrition, but how did she carry whole eggs. I will now have a vision of her rolling eggs with her nose.....Sorry about your eggs, but this vision did give me a little chuckle. My chickens love to be around my outside cat. They boss her around and will lay with her, even though she pretends not to see them. Is their any chance, your hens are laying those eggs by your momma cat and baby? You definately need to set up a gam cam. You may have an opportunity to get some great pics!

Found the cat an her kitten in our barn in the hay... guess what was behind a hay bail? A bunch of broken eggs and a bunch of non broken eggs!! I think I have a bad cat on my hands. Grrrr. The kitten is so cute, though!
smile.png
_

Back
Top Bottom