Egg Turning

IrisJade

Chirping
Jul 24, 2023
I saw some tips on incubating and apparently not turning the eggs for 3 days or 4 allows further stabilisation of the egg sack and developing embryo, is this true or should i turn them?

I saw some tips on incubating and apparently not turning the eggs for 3 days or 4 allows further stabilisation of the egg sack and developing embryo, is this true or should i turn them?
Most advice that I have seen is to turn the eggs from the very first day. Some sources even say that the first days are the most important for turning.

The advice about not turning is usually meant for shipped eggs, if they have wobbly or messed up air cells (check that by candling. It does not happen to every egg that has been shipped, but can be pretty common.)

So unless you know you have eggs with air cell problems, I would turn the eggs from the time you start incubating them.

And since you are apparently new to incubating, I will add one other tip: put all the eggs in the incubator on the same day, and do not add eggs later. It does not matter when the eggs were laid, as long as they go in the incubator at the same time they will all hatch around the same time. Eggs that are added on later days will hatch later, which makes a much more complicated situation.

Back
Top Bottom