Eggs hatching early...pip with no progress?

mamaof2wi

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2016
West Central Wisconsin
My eggs are due to hatch Saturday (day 28). We opened the incubator to flip eggs last night (day 24) and noticed one egg has an external pip (many more moving). The egg that has a external pip has not progressed & I worry we messed it up by opening the incubator. How many hours do you guys normally wait b4 helping?(Cayuga & Ancona)

Also we did not raise the humidity as we were going to do that 3 days before hatch. (We read that it should be 75% 3 days b4 hatch)

Last edited:
Just keep your humidity as high as you can get it from here on out. Shrink wrapping is caused by low hatching humidity. Whenever I need to open the 'bator during duck hatching after the first pip, I like to mist the eggs lightly with water and close the lid quickly. Not sure if it actually does anything, but it is very reassuring :)

Just keep your humidity as high as you can get it from here on out. Shrink wrapping is caused by low hatching humidity. Whenever I need to open the 'bator during duck hatching after the first pip, I like to mist the eggs lightly with water and close the lid quickly. Not sure if it actually does anything, but it is very reassuring :)
ok thank you!

Back
Top Bottom