EMBRIONIC DEVELOPMENT (CHICKENS) EXPERTS NEEDED DESPERATELY 🖤

Tumbleweedlynn

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 5, 2022
Central New Mexico
Hello All -

I have been having issues with incubation for awhile with my cemani eggs. I have taken all the advice I have been given, and I just am not sure what is going on. I am attaching pics in hopes someone can tell me at what day these might be quitting. The fertility rate has been more than 95%.

Incubator(s) - NR360. Both have been calibrated with two hygrometers and a medical thermometer. First six months used factory settings at 99.5 and 50% humidity, in the middle of a hatch now trying a dry hatch (20%). Out of 19 eggs set, one has veins, which is only SLIGHTLY worse than usual. Incubators were either in my room or now in a guest room, away from windows with no vents in room open.

Flock - One rooster, probably about 1 1/2 - 2 years old. Had six hens come with him from 3-4 yrs to maybe 4 months. Have cycled out the older/aggressive ones in the past 4 months, leaving two from that group. I have added (from his eggs) 5 more over the last 8-9 months.

I can set my mixed flocks eggs right next to these eggs in the incubator, and all the mixed will develop strong veining and hatch. I can set the same eggs under a broody, and 98% will hatch. I am SO in need of some direction here.

Please and thank you 🙏
2CA6E6BE-D79A-4868-A7E6-F482A5B61117.jpeg
7D98B6A8-843E-4A10-BAD4-B52F6EBD9CFF.jpeg

I can't help you there, other than raise the suspicion that it's the Ayam Kemani genetics at issue since you get good hatch rates with mixed breeds.

Does anyone know why eggs may stop around the 10-12 day mark? Any significant developmental changes going on at this time that may be a marker for quitting?

Back
Top Bottom