Embryo on side of egg?

Erinnlyn

Songster
Aug 21, 2022
Mid-Missouri
Is it normal for the embryo and yolk to be mainly on one side of the egg on day 5 almost 6. I wish I had taken a picture, but I was so excited -my one and only fertilized egg I got from a hen who just got taken by a fox. It had lots of veins and could see a little shadow of the embryo:) It's a blue egg, and it was hard to see.

Thank God! Thank you! My kids and I were sobbing as we saw the veins and embryos last night! (I have another egg in there too from another hen lost to the fox as well). I believe I saw a vein in that one too, but it was harder to see. So hopefully 2 fluffy butts in a couple weeks!! Can't hardly wait, but we have to:)

Thank God! Thank you! My kids and I were sobbing as we saw the veins and embryos last night! (I have another egg in there too from another hen lost to the fox as well). I believe I saw a vein in that one too, but it was harder to see. So hopefully 2 fluffy butts in a couple weeks!! Can't hardly wait, but we have to:)
I know that feeling! Glad I could help. We had a similar thing happen to us except it was our dog that got our last female Guinea so we are now incubating her eggs! Day 10 and nothing much so I’m hoping to see some improvement! It’s so much fun, you will enjoy it. I can hardly stay out of the incubator! Constantly candling them watching new things everyday. May I recommend an app to use? I use it for all hatching and it shows what new thing is growing and happening in the egg every day!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/egg-hatching-manager/id1637798439

I know that feeling! Glad I could help. We had a similar thing happen to us except it was our dog that got our last female Guinea so we are now incubating her eggs! Day 10 and nothing much so I’m hoping to see some improvement! It’s so much fun, you will enjoy it. I can hardly stay out of the incubator! Constantly candling them watching new things everyday. May I recommend an app to use? I use it for all hatching and it shows what new thing is growing and happening in the egg every day!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/egg-hatching-manager/id1637798439
Awesome. Thank you. My kids would love that. Yeah, I'm trying only to candle one more time before lockdown! We'll see! Now a days we're so used to being able to have live camera views on everything. Someone needs to invent an incubator that can candle eggs automatically and record the view, lol. Thanks for the link. We'll check it out! Sorry about your guinea. It's so hard to keep them all protected at all times.

Back
Top Bottom