Emergent Helped Needed Re Homing Guineas

smsarahmichelle

Hatching
Jun 9, 2022
3 months ago I decided to pick up backyard chicken farming again partly to teach my 3 y/o daughter about caring for animals and partly because they are just fun to have around. Well, we bought 10 chickens and 2 gunnies because I always remembered my mother telling me how are great at protecting the flock of chickens and eat ticks et cetera. Honestly, we didn't expect all of them to survive since they were so tiny when we took them home but they did and all 12 are thriving.

I think we probably have too many birds and the Guineas have started to squawk a lot and generally stress the chickens out. We've tried putting them in a kennel in our garage at night, putting up reed fencing on part of their coop and putting toys and fresh produce in their run everyday. We let them run around the yard in the afternoon to stretch their legs and I even found a solar powered radio to put in the chicken run to try and calm them down. NOTHING IS WORKING!

Bottom line, I want the guineas to go to a good home but I'm finding it nearly impossible to find that good home for them. All of the 'market place' websites that I can think of won't allow you to post animals and I posted up ads at all of our local feed stores and online at farms.com.

We live in SoCal (La Mesa). Any advice or help we can get would be awesome! Thank you!

3 months ago I decided to pick up backyard chicken farming again partly to teach my 3 y/o daughter about caring for animals and partly because they are just fun to have around. Well, we bought 10 chickens and 2 gunnies because I always remembered my mother telling me how are great at protecting the flock of chickens and eat ticks et cetera. Honestly, we didn't expect all of them to survive since they were so tiny when we took them home but they did and all 12 are thriving.

I think we probably have too many birds and the Guineas have started to squawk a lot and generally stress the chickens out. We've tried putting them in a kennel in our garage at night, putting up reed fencing on part of their coop and putting toys and fresh produce in their run everyday. We let them run around the yard in the afternoon to stretch their legs and I even found a solar powered radio to put in the chicken run to try and calm them down. NOTHING IS WORKING!

Bottom line, I want the guineas to go to a good home but I'm finding it nearly impossible to find that good home for them. All of the 'market place' websites that I can think of won't allow you to post animals and I posted up ads at all of our local feed stores and online at farms.com.

We live in SoCal (La Mesa). Any advice or help we can get would be awesome! Thank you!
You can post animals for sale or for rehoming on your local craigslist in the agriculture section.

Back
Top Bottom