Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #7 - Write and Win!

HEY NO FAIR!!

They never said we could write about duct tape uses!!

I am the world champ duct tape user!
Too bad, better luck next time!
tongue2.gif

-Banti

Patience you all…. It's a lot of reading!
smile.png

Is your daughter Bantychook?

If so an amazing kid you have.... Any idea if you will move into the whitehouse with her when she is president or just stay at Camp David?
No. I posted what she wrote for a school contest.

It's under me. She's only 8 and I don't let her have access to the Internet unless it's for school.

She had to write a 2-5 min speech on how she could help change the world.

Hello. My name is Paige Jordan and I want to tell you about how backyards can save the world. A man named Micheal Pollan once said " That as long as the sun still shines and people still can plan and plant, think and do, we can, if we bother to try, find ways to provide for ourselves without diminishing the world.
At our house, we plant and grow a fruit and vegetable garden every year. This way we can provide fresh and healthy food without pesticides for our friends and family. By collecting rain water we can tend our garden without using natural resources during times of trouble like a drought or heatwave. Canning our fresh grown fruits and vegetables can provide us with supplies for later use.
We also have a backyard chicken coop that gives us meat and eggs instead of traveling to the store. We use leftover vegetables from our garden to help feed the chickens and place any remains in a compost bucket and chicken droppings are collected for a natural fertilizer for the garden.
Our local farmers market is a great place to find feed, seeds and foods without going to a grocery store. This way we can support our local economy instead of a big business name. By doing these few simple things we help out friends, family and community by providing safe foods and insuring our local way of life for future generations.
Thank you for taking the time to listen to how my family and yours can use your backyard to save the world.

Not bad for an 8 year old. I helped with a few clean ups on the grammar but this is all her.

Last edited:
Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. We finally have our winners!!!
woot.gif

First Place:

@azygous - Reasons for Tossing Out Your Indoor Brooder and Start Raising Your Chicks Outdoors
@duluthralphie - Raising large table birds

Second Place:

@Mountain Peeps - Introducing New Chickens: Using the “See but don’t touch” Method
@Pyxis - Common Rooster Myths - Clearing Up Rooster Misinformation
@Pyxis - Raising Dubia Roaches for Your Chickens

Third Place:

@cluckcluckgirl - Ways to Euthanize a Chicken
@Yorkshire coop - Wry neck - Causes, treatment and prevention.
@Blooie - Kids with Disabilities Can Enjoy Chickens Too!
@Mountain Peeps - Things to and Not to do During Winter

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you everyone who entered!!

WOW!!

Thank you, thank you thank you!!

I really did not expect this. I was just jabbing my friend Blooie ,because it she is so fun to jab and such a great gal!

So Blooie if my wife does not want to go on the all expenses paid trip to Australia you want to come with?

When do the airline tickets come?

Seriously Wow... and thanks!

Back
Top Bottom