Excited to share!

whwerb

Chirping
Aug 15, 2023
Franklin, NC
My birds are 24 weeks old today. They’re a heritage breed and I read they were slower to develop so I was trying not to get impatient, but it was a thrilling experience to watch the whole process unfold! I have 3 cockerels and 3 pullets and I occasionally free range them. Well the one girl separated herself from the flock and went into the coop. First she went up on the roost bar, but I had a feeling, and sure enough she flew into one of the 2 nesting boxes that I recently uncovered! And the cockerel I pegged as the leader stayed in the coop with her the whole time! Half an hour later she was out of the coop so I checked the box and there it was! A 3rd brown egg in with the 2 wooden ones I had placed in there for encouragement! It was so exciting! Picture of the mama hen and the chicken mama 😆

Attachments

• 286EADEE-D748-43CD-8483-F408AF698C0E.jpeg
    286EADEE-D748-43CD-8483-F408AF698C0E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 2ABEF2BC-FF37-446F-9802-316B7B0D277D.jpeg
    2ABEF2BC-FF37-446F-9802-316B7B0D277D.jpeg
    752.9 KB · Views: 7
My birds are 24 weeks old today. They’re a heritage breed and I read they were slower to develop so I was trying not to get impatient, but it was a thrilling experience to watch the whole process unfold! I have 3 cockerels and 3 pullets and I occasionally free range them. Well the one girl separated herself from the flock and went into the coop. First she went up on the roost bar, but I had a feeling, and sure enough she flew into one of the 2 nesting boxes that I recently uncovered! And the cockerel I pegged as the leader stayed in the coop with her the whole time! Half an hour later she was out of the coop so I checked the box and there it was! A 3rd brown egg in with the 2 wooden ones I had placed in there for encouragement! It was so exciting! Picture of the mama hen and the chicken mama 😆
Congratulations! It doesn't matter how long I've had chickens, I still get excited over first eggs :love :wee

Back
Top Bottom