Exciting news!!!

Oct 13, 2023
Hi
i just had to share this are friend has call ducks and he has found a nest full of eggs and asked if we wanted them i said yes and my mum said yes too :yesss:!! we are going to pick the eggs up from him today! i am so excited :celebrate
one of his ducks is on and off sitting on them so i wonder how far a long they wil be i am going to bring a torch and candle them to see
he gave us eggs last year and we got one duckling through no falt of his they were very fertile but are incubator messed up luckly he gave us 2 batches and we had them in diferent incubators the incubator that the second batch was in messed up, the first batch was less fertile but the first batch hatched the one duckling
wonder if any of them will be related to the duckling we hatched out last year (we named her johnny an got her friends buttercup and puddle)
i really wanted to tell someone (and my mum is getting a bit anoyed that i keep telling her about it :lau
eeee :wee:celebrate

sadly we were not able to get the eggs today but hopfully tomorow
also my duckling from last year laid her 3rd egg and it seems a good size so we will put that one in the incubator too

Last edited:
Okay so our friend brought round the eggs (there are 10, 11 including Johnny's egg) and our friend brought his incubator for us to use so I have spent all day trying to get the temp right (the incubator is old so you have to turn a dial that has no marks on it so is ours) I will put the eggs in tomorrow morning and Johnny's egg is the right size :yesss:
Eeee I am so excited :celebrate:wee

Back
Top Bottom