Expired barley

by 'expired' do you mean past its 'best before' date? If so, that just means it's past its best, it does not mean it's not any good. Such dates were introduced as a stock management tool; they have little bearing on the edibility of food such as whole grains.

So I would offer them to my chickens, if I was in your shoes, but most of my chickens are not fond of barley, so you might find the uptake disappointing. If you try soaking them in milk overnight and then offer them for breakfast, they might be more palatable to the birds.

by 'expired' do you mean past its 'best before' date? If so, that just means it's past its best, it does not mean it's not any good. Such dates were introduced as a stock management tool; they have little bearing on the edibility of food such as whole grains.

So I would offer them to my chickens, if I was in your shoes, but most of my chickens are not fond of barley, so you might find the uptake disappointing. If you try soaking them in milk overnight and then offer them for breakfast, they might be more palatable to the birds.
Thanks for the tips! I will see if they eat it if not I will soak it in milk.

Back
Top Bottom