Failure to Pip Internally

Jikaaa

Chirping
Mar 11, 2022
I was incubating three eggs up until last week in a DIY Styrofoam Incubator, they were turned 7 times a day and kept between 37°C-38°C and 35% humidity. They all made it to lockdown and were very active when I last candled them but somehow after 5 days none of them hatched, I candled without moving them to try and see what's going on only to find out they've died.

I opened all of them and they were in a position where they were about to pip but none of them did, when removed from the egg they were perfectly fine (except they weren't alive anymore) but had not yet started absorbing their yolks.

It's frustrating to see them go so well from Day 1-18 and end up with no chicks being able to hatch. Where I live and the season we're in, it's very cold and humid at night to the point where I caught the temperature drop to 36.5°C one night.

Any ideas what I could do? :(
I have turkey eggs and they're about to go lockdown in 4 days, I really don't want them to suffer the same fate as those chicken eggs

35% humidity is a big no. It's supposed to be 65% or higher. The temperature is fine. I would recommend using a broody hen to hatch. They do it best.

35% humidity is a big no. It's supposed to be 65% or higher. The temperature is fine. I would recommend using a broody hen to hatch. They do it best.
I have a brooding Silkie at the moment and her eggs are only at week 1. Can I put my 3 week Turkey eggs and 2 weeks chicken eggs under her?

Back
Top Bottom