Farm innovators pro incubator

Grammyshell

In the Brooder
May 28, 2023
Anyone who has had excellent hatch with this, could you please go over all the steps you took, what you had to dial up too, what hygrometer was actually reading ect. I waisted 80 eggs on 2 different hatches between this and my old little giant. Alot had started chicks, only hatched 13-11🤷‍♂️🥹 I appreciate your advice, not trying again until new thermometer hygrometer arrives😉

Anyone who has had excellent hatch with this, could you please go over all the steps you took, what you had to dial up too, what hygrometer was actually reading ect. I waisted 80 eggs on 2 different hatches between this and my old little giant. Alot had started chicks, only hatched 13-11🤷‍♂️🥹 I appreciate your advice, not trying again until new thermometer hygrometer arrives😉
These styrofoam machines really are excellent, excellent incubators. The little giant deluxe is my favorite and had a great hatch rate for us.

The key to an incubator is maintaining temps and humidity, and how well it distributes the temp - ie no cold or hot spots. All larger machines like these will have those spots, but you just need to identify them.

For your farm innovators i suggest buying atleast 4 if not 6 of the little Amazon plastic hygrometer/thermometer combos and place them throughout the bator before hatching. Make sure you know what is what.

Then, with the accurate resdings, figure out how many channels need to be filled to achieve your humidity. For me, I fill three channels under standard op and then 4 channels for lockdown. Each channel for me equates to around 16% humidity by surface area.

However, if you have out of control hot or cold spots, you will want to get a new machine.

Back
Top Bottom