Feed Questions- help! Kalmbach feed? Opinions and tips sorely needed.

Kalmbach feed- yay or nay? (but please still comment with help!)

• Yay

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Don't know who you were replying to Mary, but I believe the OP was talking about a local Non-GMO feed before he bought Kalmbach. To me, animal by-products are not the same as fishmeal. Again though, many of us don't have a choice of animal protein or not, it's all vegetarian! I have never seen old feed anywhere I've shopped except TSC.

I would also love more info on this feed since the feedmill right across the street just started carrying it. the kalmbach website does not list ingredients-a bummer since theres one ingredient i need to avoid for my daughters food allergies...guess i will call the co and see if they will tell me if that one ingredient is in their feed.
Im wondering the difference between their 'Natural' feed and the organic-since they both state they are gmo free non pesticide??
Any thoughts?? Who feed Kalmbach feed?? Please chime in!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20191018_200516.jpg
    20191018_200516.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 28
I love kalmbach feed. It's the only one I use. From the time my babies were chicks until they are adults. I even use it for my ducks. I don't use any other feed except for the all-natural one.

Cindy, I was responding to @OxbowOrchard, who mentioned another feed that claimed 'no animal products' but had fish meal in the ingredient list. Of course fish meal is 'animal'!
I'd like to find something besides all vegetarian poultry feed, but there's nothing worth buying around here. My free ranging chickens do find 'animal proteins' on their own, except during snow season.
My other point was about mill dates and freshness, and finding what's available locally.
Mary

I would also love more info on this feed since the feedmill right across the street just started carrying it. the kalmbach website does not list ingredients-a bummer since theres one ingredient i need to avoid for my daughters food allergies...guess i will call the co and see if they will tell me if that one ingredient is in their feed.
Im wondering the difference between their 'Natural' feed and the organic-since they both state they are gmo free non pesticide??
Any thoughts?? Who feed Kalmbach feed?? Please chime in!!!!!!
If you go to Chewy and look up the feed you can get a list of ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom