Feed Recommendations please

Bronx girls

Songster
7 Years
Jul 10, 2016
Hi BYC! I was wondering if any of you guys feed Kalmbatch and if you have/do tell me what you think about them! and any other recommendations for my older non laying hens and my youngest are 8 week old chicks, organic non GMO would be great I want to be able to feed them all the same feed. Thank you!!

I feed Kalmbach Flock Maker to my adult birds (5 hens and 1 rooster), with oyster shell on the side for the hens. I feed Kalmbach organic chick starter/grower to my 5 chicks.

When my current bag of Flock Maker is gone, everyone will get the starter/grower until I'm done with the second bag (first is about 3/4 gone). Then I'll transition them all to the Flock Maker.

Both of these feeds have 20% protein. I've been very pleased with the Kalmbach feed and how my chickens have done on it.

I feed Kalmbach Flock Maker to my adult birds (5 hens and 1 rooster), with oyster shell on the side for the hens. I feed Kalmbach organic chick starter/grower to my 5 chicks.

When my current bag of Flock Maker is gone, everyone will get the starter/grower until I'm done with the second bag (first is about 3/4 gone). Then I'll transition them all to the Flock Maker.

Both of these feeds have 20% protein. I've been very pleased with the Kalmbach feed and how my chickens have done on it.
Thank you so much for the info sounds like a good feed.

Kalmbach is a very popular feed here on BYC for that market segment, and is generally well regarded. That said, their whole grain feeds are usually offered as a wet mash to help ensure the birds eat the fines.
Great to know Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom