Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hi, i wanted to add my thoughts in here. I havent read through all 37 pages , but i do agree they did something to the feed. I have fed my chickens Nutrena Naturewise layer pellets 16%protein, since they were 18 weeks old and laying. I had also fed my last chickens this and hadnt had a problem with it. Now this year my chickens have ate it, layed all summer, fall, and then went into a molt and stopped laying. Once again i was down to getting 1 egg a week not even from the same chicken. So i took it upon my self and did a little reasearch and i switched to Nutrena Naturwise All-flock 20% protein, ive been adding in corn, black oil sunflower seeds, and scratch grains not exceeding 10% of their diet. Then adding in crushed eggshells because of oyster shell allergies. Also adding in oats, peas, carrots on a weekly basisi. And all of a sudden im getting eggs again! I hope this helps, i just dont believe they would do this to feeds, To harm everyone getting eggs. I have a theory but dont want to get in trouble for saying it.
Any chance the increased protein or the increased light in that timeframe had something to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom