Female khaki campbell turned dark brown

xxhamsterxx

Hatching
Dec 4, 2020
Hi everyone, so I have an assortment of ducks and 2 of them are khaki campbell's, both female. At the beginning of the year one of my khakis broke her leg (not sure how and no obvious areas she could've done it on), she healed from that but does still have a bit of a limp but no other issues. Our other khaki molted a while ago but this one only started to molt mid November, but she has gone completely dark brown, whereas they've always been reasonably light in colour. Is this due to the broken leg/is she in pain and that's changed her mood and colour? Is it to do with the molt? Any ideas I would much appreciate.
Thank you 😊
Attached is a random pic of all my girls enjoying some peas, from bottom left round to top left we have duckie (the baby), coco, cabana (the one the thread is about), shady and plucky (shady used to have a boyfriend called slim but unfortunately he passed 😢)

Attachments

• PXL_20201122_101809545.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201122_101809545.MP.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi everyone, so I have an assortment of ducks and 2 of them are khaki campbell's, both female. At the beginning of the year one of my khakis broke her leg (not sure how and no obvious areas she could've done it on), she healed from that but does still have a bit of a limp but no other issues. Our other khaki molted a while ago but this one only started to molt mid November, but she has gone completely dark brown, whereas they've always been reasonably light in colour. Is this due to the broken leg/is she in pain and that's changed her mood and colour? Is it to do with the molt? Any ideas I would much appreciate.
Thank you 😊
Attached is a random pic of all my girls enjoying some peas, from bottom left round to top left we have duckie (the baby), coco, cabana (the one the thread is about), shady and plucky (shady used to have a boyfriend called slim but unfortunately he passed 😢)
members.jpg

Thank you 😊

Khaki Campbell's feathers fade/bleach in the sunlight. New feathers are always much darker than the old ones. You are only noticing the color difference because they molted at different times. Feather color has nothing to do with mood or pain.

Back
Top Bottom