Female Muscovy Aggression , MAYBE

NickUk

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 24, 2017
Our female muscovy always goes nuts when it see my parents and sister except me. I'll describe this.

The duck lowers her head, raises her ass/tail and becomes very vocal. The feathers on her head rise up. She blocks you from walking past and is relentless. This is 24/7 365 days a year. Soon as the duck see's them.
We don't know what she's trying to tell us, if anything. But if you stand around her long enough, she attacks my parents.

This is no young duck either, must be about 8 now. Her sisters never done this sort of behaviour. We are so lost. If anyone has any video or explanation of why this happens I'd love to know.

Our female muscovy always goes nuts when it see my parents and sister except me. I'll describe this.

The duck lowers her head, raises her ass/tail and becomes very vocal. The feathers on her head rise up. She blocks you from walking past and is relentless. This is 24/7 365 days a year. Soon as the duck see's them.
We don't know what she's trying to tell us, if anything. But if you stand around her long enough, she attacks my parents.

This is no young duck either, must be about 8 now. Her sisters never done this sort of behaviour. We are so lost. If anyone has any video or explanation of why this happens I'd love to know.
Sounds like one of my Muscovy drakes. When mine comes up behind and attacks, I pick him up and put him in a dogcrate that I keep in the back garden for muscovy time out. He only needs to be in there for a few minutes -- no more than 5 minutes -- and he remembers his manners.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom