Fencing Issue

Pics
The weather wasn't very cooperative today, all i could do was grab four fence-posts and set up a short test-fence and it works fine! - Until the snow started to accumulate on the energizer's pins shortening everything out.

The weather wasn't very cooperative today, all i could do was grab four fence-posts and set up a short test-fence and it works fine! - Until the snow started to accumulate on the energizer's pins shortening everything out.
Oh my gosh!! That weather looks absolutely horrid!!

:lau :lau :lau

1610852097302.gif

Oh, how I feel for you. You were actually colder then we were here in NY.
Today was warmer, but it rained all day long! And when i tried to walk down to start with the fence, i slipped and slid down the hill on my b@tt. Almost ended in the creek, but an otherwise useless tree-stump stopped me. Rain on frozen mud equals grease!

Last edited:
The main purpose of that fence is to deal with the immediate thread of the neighbors dog, during the last months i have not seen any predator here, which could have been caused by that dog, roaming the neighboring property.
The energizer is from a company called Fi-Shock and is »made in America« and can be registered on the internet site https://AmericanFarmWorks.com, which re-directs to https://www.zarebasystems.com/AmericanFarmworks - so i assume it is made by Zarebra-Systems. I hooked up the fence tester and it is pulsating to 7,000 Volts which should be enough to deter Max.
I need to figure out how to attach the PolyWire to the posts and at the distance between the posts and a lot of other details.
No fence will go up today, sadly as the ground is still frozen solid here!!! :barnie
Zareba is good too. :) I’ve got one set up at my parents’ place to deter deer from their fragile decorative crab apple tree. Lol. Does the job. 👍

if you’re wanting to get something temporary set up, step in posts in fibreglass or plastic, or the steel ones with insulators on, will do the job. Steel will probably be more forgiving in frozen conditions and less likely to break. Pour a bit of hot water (or boiling) on the spot you’re putting the post (after removing any snow) and stick it in the ground. Ive also used a drill with a 1/2” bit for temporary posts in a pinch for frozen ground. :) once it freezes back down again that post isn’t going anywhere til it thaws.

Height and spacing of the wires is going to depend on the dog in question. My girl likes to slip under fences, but some prefer to jump over, especially if they can see to the other side.

lots of options! My electric is on the outside of pallets, because it doesn’t touch the birds when they walk through it. The only time they’ve shocked themselves was when they tried to taste it. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom