fighting hens

doris76

Hatching
6 Years
May 25, 2013
I have had a hen in a separate coop whilst she had chicks, I am now trying to introduce them back into the main pen but one off the other hens just starts fighting with her as soon as they are together she is not bothered by the others and is not bothered by the chicks I don't know what to do ....do I let them fight it out or do I keep taking one away ??

They have to re-establish a social order, so there's going to be some fighting. I'd let them hash it out as long as there's no blood shed and you have some hiding places for a bird to get away from an aggressor.

This is also why I leave my hens in with the flock to raise chicks, so I don't have these problems later. Just sayin'.

I have this same problem. I let them work it out on there own. They will eventually get over it.
smile.png

My Polish flock always got along. Then I realized that one had gotten lighter weight, and was always sitting on top of a can in the coop. This went on for weeks! She would not come down, not even when the coop was empty. I put her out one day and she was viciously gang attacked. I moved her and all she did was eat and drink . I just don't know how to put her in the flock.

Back
Top Bottom