Finally here are my coop and run pics

countrygirl4513

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Portland TN
My chick house is attached to the tobacco barn. We made it out of skids that my hubby brought from the factory. Having trouble with the barn itself , rain etc. but all is well for my peeps. Gonna redo the roof soon on the chicken house. When the wind kicks up it peels the tin back. that's why i have blocks on it. but all in all they are protected. My chicken yard is netted on top to keep out hawks. I plan on extending it on out once they pack it down. i like a big yard for my peeps. Can you guess what my fence door is made of?

TuesdayApril2420076.jpg
TuesdayApril242007.jpg

Bunkie board: instead of regular sized boxspring, it is about 3 inches or so thick-to go on a bunk bed under the mattress (so your face is not pressing against the top bunk or ceiling lol!).

Just saw your coop and run. I hate to be a spoil sport but is that chicken wire? We used chicken wire on our run and it lasted a year until a opossum stretched one of the holes and came in It got all but three of our chickens When we discovered the dead chickens we looked and found several stretched out holes It was trying to make a hole big enough to take the birds It couldn't so it just took their heads. I hate to see anyone use chicken wire. I see you live in Tennessee Don't you have racoons and opossums. Think about it. I don't know why they call that thin flimmzy wire chcken wire. It may keep the birds in but it doesn't keep anything else out. Micki

The only chickenwire is right there infront of the house. the rest is galvanized wire. after purchasing the chicken wire i didn't like it because it was so flimzy so i opted out for the stronger pet fencing. i plan on replacing that small spot eventually. but we have guard dogs that keep out unwanteds so i'm not too concerned at this point. but i don't advise chicken wire unless its a high gage and even at that it doesn't do the job.

Is that a small turkey I see in that last pic?? If so, I have a lot to learn yet. Nice set up. I'm getting ideas here. LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom