Finding Breeders

Dec 17, 2023
Alabama
I need some major help finding breeders to buy hatching eggs from....that looks like my only option for the most part. Locally all I'm finding are barnyard mix and a few specific breeds but nothing I'm interested in at the moment. Specifically I'm looking for LF Salmon Faverolles. I will be showing eventually so it's a big deal to me to find a breeder that shows their birds and breeds to SOP.

Do a Google search on 'Alabama Chicken Shows'. A calendar of upcoming shows should be located. Attend one that is local and contact a breeder that is doing well or whose birds look good to you. Good luck in finding the birds you want. Always best to start with the best birds possible.

Do a Google search on 'Alabama Chicken Shows'. A calendar of upcoming shows should be located. Attend one that is local and contact a breeder that is doing well or whose birds look good to you. Good luck in finding the birds you want. Always best to start with the best birds possible.
Unfortunately, I went to a show at the beginning of February and talked to the lady who brought two Salmon Fav pullets and she said nobody here really breeds them, not even her. She sourced hers from out of state but did not say where.

There is a lady in Georgia who has Faverolles. Her program is called Snobby Silkies.

I have personally had eggs shipped (of a different breed) from Caitlin of Keep On TruckinHomeNStead in New York. I believe she still has some Faverolles or could recommend someone to you if she no longer keeps them.

Good luck in your search! The south could certainly use more breeders and exhibitors of large fowl birds.

There is a lady in Georgia who has Faverolles. Her program is called Snobby Silkies.

I have personally had eggs shipped (of a different breed) from Caitlin of Keep On TruckinHomeNStead in New York. I believe she still has some Faverolles or could recommend someone to you if she no longer keeps them.

Good luck in your search! The south could certainly use more breeders and exhibitors of large fowl birds.
I will check with her for sure. Thank you! And I agree. The south could use more LF breeders. There are plenty of bantam breeders and shows dedicated to them. I'd have to travel to even show LF.

Back
Top Bottom