FIRST EGG!!!

Congrats to you and Mother Clucker!

Yes, the eggs will get bigger as the hens get more practice, and yes, the eggs are protected by the bloom and will be safe on the counter as long as you don't wash them. I leave my unwashed, unrefrigerated eggs on the counter AND sell them to other people who know my storage practices. No one has ever complained or gotten sick.

Also, it's fairly uncommon for eggs to break inside a hen. Don't add that to your daily list of things to worry about. I'd be surprised if just jumping off a roost or onto the ground would cause breakage.

Again, YAY for first eggs!

Congrats to you and Mother Clucker!

Yes, the eggs will get bigger as the hens get more practice, and yes, the eggs are protected by the bloom and will be safe on the counter as long as you don't wash them. I leave my unwashed, unrefrigerated eggs on the counter AND sell them to other people who know my storage practices. No one has ever complained or gotten sick.

Also, it's fairly uncommon for eggs to break inside a hen. Don't add that to your daily list of things to worry about. I'd be surprised if just jumping off a roost or onto the ground would cause breakage.

Again, YAY for first eggs!
Ok thanks! This is comforting! Also I will most likely sell my eggs unwashed and tell them to wash them before consuming

Back
Top Bottom