First Eggs

Artoflife90

Songster
Jul 6, 2020
Phoenix Az
Hello everyone! I am a first time duck owner. Yesterday my Pekin duck was acting really strange yesterday. She was just laying down more then usual. I knew something was up and I was right because this morning she layed her first eggs. I found two of them. They are both soft shell and one was broken. I am going to go buy her some layering food and oyster shells today. But what else can I do to help her?

Attachments

• 4A1F8068-91B0-4CF9-9BAE-5159289DF0C5.jpeg
    4A1F8068-91B0-4CF9-9BAE-5159289DF0C5.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 3
No, don't worry! I felt the same as you when my pekin first laid a soft-shelled egg. It takes time for them to get things worked out. Just provide the layer feed and oyster shells and it will eventually sort itself out. I also got super tiny eggs and a super large egg. It's normal and your sweetie will be fine!

No, don't worry! I felt the same as you when my pekin first laid a soft-shelled egg. It takes time for them to get things worked out. Just provide the layer feed and oyster shells and it will eventually sort itself out. I also got super tiny eggs and a super large egg. It's normal and your sweetie will be fine!
Thank you! Hearing that makes me feel so much better ☺️

Back
Top Bottom