First time with hen Hatching duck eggs. Help i think they might all the dead on day 15

HLownest

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2020
I have a hen sitting on duck eggs. She was doing a fantastic job and i stupidly panicked and moved her from where she was. Since then shes left them a few times and i have now put her in a hatching pen. She is now still sitting on them.

I candled the eggs and they don't look like any of the "dead egg" pictures online but a couple where freezing cold this morning. I can see blood vessels and air sacks but no movement and two of them kind of swish when i turn them. I'm gutted because they looked to be doing so well. Are they dead, should i leave her sitting until day 28/29 or give up?

Thank you

I have a hen sitting on duck eggs. She was doing a fantastic job and i stupidly panicked and moved her from where she was. Since then shes left them a few times and i have now put her in a hatching pen. She is now still sitting on them.

I candled the eggs and they don't look like any of the "dead egg" pictures online but a couple where freezing cold this morning. I can see blood vessels and air sacks but no movement and two of them kind of swish when i turn them. I'm gutted because they looked to be doing so well. Are they dead, should i leave her sitting until day 28/29 or give up?

Thank you
If you can see blood vessels in some, I'd keep letting her sit on them. They don't always move when you candle. Maybe candle them again in a few days, because if they are dead, it will be easier to tell after it's been a little while.

Thank you
Did they hatch alright?

Back
Top Bottom