Florida Sound-off

This is Ponce, second largest city in the county. (Post office is obscured by trees in this photo, courtesy Google maps). There's a small cemetary just past that. The High School (and the second church) are about 4 miles up the road, outside city limits.

1680664281468.png

The restaurant was something or other #2 (#1 closed a long time back), It shut down in the last 12 months. Opposite side of the road is a looks to be condemned building used to be a farmer's market, and an abandoned antiques/second hand store.

If you continue down the road between the gas station and the Sheriff's room, in 29 miles you will be in Alabama, the town of Sampson. Its much larger, but has definitely "seen better days". If instead you drive down county road 10 off to the right, you will pass by Westeville on your way to Bonifay (about 30 miles)

Not sure what you may have been imagining, but I'm guessing this wasn't it.

Last edited:
This is Ponce, second largest city in the county. (Post office is obscured by trees in this photo, courtesy Google maps). There's a small cemetary just past that. The High School (and the second church) are about 4 miles up the road, outside city limits.

View attachment 3455955
The restaurant was something or other #2 (#1 closed a long time back), It shut down in the last 12 months. Opposite side of the road is a looks to be condemned building used to be a farmer's market, and an abandoned antiques/second hand store.

If you continue down the road between the gas station and the Sheriff's room, in 29 miles you will be in Alabama, the town of Sampson. Its much larger, but has definitely "seen better days". If instead you drive down county road 10 off to the right, you will pass by Westeville on your way to Bonifay (about 30 miles)

Not sure what you may have been imagining, but I'm guessing this wasn't it.
😁🤣 it was close. Just a few more brick buildings from the bygone days and it's exactly what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom