fluid in egg?

preciouschick

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
south central PA
I have been hatching silky eggs successfully at 50% humidity then 70% for the last 3 days. As to the instructions for in my incubator. I havent had any issues until i read in postings and online that it should be 45% then 60-65%. I tried it and it wasnt good. 2 of my eggs never pipped. I saw no movement in candeling. Chick was 21 days. So i made a small hole in the air cell. The air cell looked intacked so i didnt feel any harm in it. Fluid started dripping out the small hole. My question is, before they internally pip is there suppose to be fluid in the sac around the chick? Feeling it was dead with no movement, I did take the shell around the air sac off. I was correct it was dead. At this point I could of saved it maybe if it was moving but it wasnt. Again, is the fluid around the chick normal before pip? if so, why did it gome out the air cell hole?

I have 4 egg this is day 18 lock down so candle them one more time they're all still alive but two in the air pocket has fluid will this cause them to drown when they peep?

Back
Top Bottom