Four sweet drakes in need of a new pond

hillton

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
Morgan Hill, California
Hi friends,
my daughters and I have hand raised 4 ducks, that turned out to be drakes.
We think they are awesome, however it appears that our spoiled chicken princesses had a meeting and they voted unanimously for the drakes to be relocated. Among the reasons given were "unwanted amorous advances"...
hu.gif

So it is with a heavy heart that we are looking to our friends here at BYC for a new pond.
I will upload pictures of them once I have figured out how to (I am new here…).
For now I can only describe them: 2 of them look like a crested Khaki, 1 seems to be a Khaki with just 2 long feathers on the side of his head (like hat feathers) and 1 looks like a cayuga. All are about 6 months old, beautiful and healthy. Since the boys are bonded, they will go to their new pond as a group.
Of cause we feel that "friends don't sell friends", so these guys are free.
yippiechickie.gif

Eleni

Aw, tough decision.
hugs.gif
I feel you are right, though, because drakes can harm and even kill chickens because of the equipment mismatch.

You might also try letting folks over on the rehoming forum know about this. Prayers that they will find a good place.

Also you could go to the "where am I where are you" thread and look up the sate of Calf. and ask there.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you since cal is such a big state it may have different thread according to location so that hopefully will help, I wish you the best in finding them a great forever home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom