Fowl pox….

Don't take off the scabs, that will cause it to spread. Just dot the lesions on the comb with Iodine taking care not to disturb them.

You can also sanitize the drinking water with Iodine. 1tsp of 1% Iodine to a gallon of water or 1/2 tsp of 2% Iodine per gallon of water.
Clean the water stations daily.

Hopefully this will help. Wet Form of Fowl Pox can be much more dangerous. Unfortunately with a virus, it usually has to run it's course.
I know… as I said I’ve lost 3 to the wet form already… I’m just worried that they may have a secondary infection… I will put a drop of iodine into there water as they have very small water holders atm due to being isolated…
as for the spots they have cleared up almost completely from the outside it’s now the inside and the breathing I’m most concerned with

I know… as I said I’ve lost 3 to the wet form already… I’m just worried that they may have a secondary infection… I will put a drop of iodine into there water as they have very small water holders atm due to being isolated…
as for the spots they have cleared up almost completely from the outside it’s now the inside and the breathing I’m most concerned with
You can mix up like 1/2 gallon of sanitized water at a time and use that to fill the water stations.
I would make sure they are drinking well.

The breathing may be a complication of Wet Pox in the trachea. You have already given a round of antibiotics correct?

You can mix up like 1/2 gallon of sanitized water at a time and use that to fill the water stations.
I would make sure they are drinking well.

The breathing may be a complication of Wet Pox in the trachea. You have already given a round of antibiotics correct?
Yes I have given a round of triple c and around oxymav B (as they have different active ingredients) have also tried the vetrx. …

And I’ve tried olive oil in the water to thin out the mucus garlic powder in the food… and I’ve given probiotics to off set the antibiotics…. I’ve also given avi-vital in the water to boost the vitamin intake

And clipped away all the mucus filled feathers from the golden Sebright from where his nose was running while he slept as they were so clogged together I couldn’t wash it….and we’re in winter which makes it so much worse…lol

And I’ve cleaned their beaks with a q-tip covered in saline and I’ve tried putting saline drops in their eyes… nothing is working… but yet these boys keep fighting for survival

Back
Top Bottom