Friend for a mute swan

Swannie17

Hatching
Nov 9, 2020
A few years ago a mute male swan showed up at my fathers large pond. He stays 9 months out of the year. Usually flies away about 3 months but then returns. He spends the winter at the pond and he is all alone. Sometimes ducks and geese fly in for the day but they leave at night.
My dad is looking to get a friend for the male swan. Last year a female swan flew in and stayed a few weeks but then left him.
Does anyone know of what we could get for the male swan as a friend? What other fowl doesn't need to have shelter in the winter?

My dad is 75 so he can't drive far for a buddy for the swan.

A few years ago a mute male swan showed up at my fathers large pond. He stays 9 months out of the year. Usually flies away about 3 months but then returns. He spends the winter at the pond and he is all alone. Sometimes ducks and geese fly in for the day but they leave at night.
My dad is looking to get a friend for the male swan. Last year a female swan flew in and stayed a few weeks but then left him.
Does anyone know of what we could get for the male swan as a friend? What other fowl doesn't need to have shelter in the winter?

Your dad doesn't have to drive, now a days everything can get delivered.

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 2
The question was what would be a good buddy for the swan? A farm goose? What can withstand the winter without shelter

You are right swans need company to thrive. Geese would be fine but if you can find a swan for sale you could buy him a female and keep them both on your property.

Have you found a friend?

Back
Top Bottom