Frizzles

Lexiajk

Hatching
Jul 8, 2021
could I breed my Silkie Frizzle hen to my Cochin roo? Or can I just breed her to silkies?
and then could I breed her to my showgirls?

As long as you are not breeding her to another frizzle, you can pretty much breed her to anything (within reason, of course).
Why, I'm just curious, can you not breed frizzle to frizzle? I have a male frizzle and had some babies and the are frizzle mix, are they not able to breed together?

Why, I'm just curious, can you not breed frizzle to frizzle? I have a male frizzle and had some babies and the are frizzle mix, are they not able to breed together?
If you breed a frizzle to a frizzle the resulting chick can have a chance of having very brittle feathers. To the point that the feathers break and fall off. Making the bird bald most of its life.

Adding on to what smileybans has said I have heard that frazzles (a chicken with 2 frizzle genes) can also have health problems, I am not sure what health problems. You can breed them together as long as you pair a frizzle feathered to a none frizzle feathered

Back
Top Bottom