Frostbite

Im not sure where you live So yes please pictures. But the first snow and hard cold has already come and gone here. Its interesting watching the younger geese come out in the freezing weather for the first time. When they first come out all excited for a new day they quickly lay down and pull there feet back into there down to warm them. My older flock thinks its just another day they take time to warm themself s then take time to drink and feed. They carry around one of the most thermal blankets anyone could ask for and they learn to use it well. They tuck there head and use there down when the wind chill is below 0, They can go back into the barn anytime but choose to stay outside and adjust. My runner ducks come out long enough to eat drink then run back to the barn till they get hungry again..

I tried my best to take pictures. But ive got an old phone so it might not be the best quality she actually moved nicely for 1 pic so i got a nice shot. You cab see its like a pinkish/pale beak towards the tip
20231119_115239.jpg

I dont think that's frostbite but not a expert. My whites do get a tip of white that always worries me in cold weather. But your goose definitely needs more weight if she is going into winter. Im really not sure whats going on.

I tried my best to take pictures. But ive got an old phone so it might not be the best quality she actually moved nicely for 1 pic so i got a nice shot. You cab see its like a pinkish/pale beak towards the tipView attachment 3686912
Some geese have a little pink on their bill. Some have none. Some have a lot.
C6353FB3-DFFB-4540-80B6-DFE13C52F5A6.jpeg
I wouldn’t worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom