frostbite?

Mcmango72

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2023
Hello, I live in Michigan and it has gotten pretty cold here the past two weeks. I have two radiant heaters in their coop. I let them out in a covered run that has plastic up to block the wind. I noticed today of of my Silver Laced Wyandotte chicken that her feet look grayish. Is this frostbite? I never noticed it before. If so, what should I do? She will not go into the coop is walking fine but does pull her feet up like she is cold.

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9081.jpeg
    IMG_9081.jpeg
    775.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9080.jpeg
    IMG_9080.jpeg
    855.2 KB · Views: 13
I don't think so. In my experience initial stages of frostbite on the feet appear red not grey. This looks like natural feet color. Don't you have pics from months ago that you can check and compare?

I don't think so. In my experience initial stages of frostbite on the feet appear red not grey. This looks like natural feet color. Don't you have pics from months ago that you can check and compare?
I guess what scared me was the other Silver Laced Wyandotte’s feet is yellow next to her. OK I won’t worry about it then I guess I was hypersensitive because of the cold weather. Thank you for responding.

I guess what scared me was the other Silver Laced Wyandotte’s feet is yellow next to her. OK I won’t worry about it then I guess I was hypersensitive because of the cold weather. Thank you for responding.
No worries, we are all hypersensitive about our chickens :D Keep monitoring and report if anything unusual happens or there are other symptoms. For now it looks like they are all right.

Back
Top Bottom