Frustrating Hatchery

thudson

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Gatesville Texas
I won't mention no names but it has been a tough week. But I am pretty easy going! (Yeah Right) I Ordered chicks from a local hatchery, good hatchery, been in business for many many years. I been raising chicks for 40 YEARS chicks come in I pick them up. 3 dead already,10 dead in a hour, 15 in 24 hours, and 3 are surviving 6 days later. Hatchery said on Monday evening you must have had your brooder set up wrong !! REALLY, COME ON TAKE SOME TYPE OF RESPONSIBILITY!!!! :he:he:he:he Rant Over!!!

I won't mention no names but it has been a tough week. But I am pretty easy going! (Yeah Right) I Ordered chicks from a local hatchery, good hatchery, been in business for many many years. I been raising chicks for 40 YEARS chicks come in I pick them up. 3 dead already,10 dead in a hour, 15 in 24 hours, and 3 are surviving 6 days later. Hatchery said on Monday evening you must have had your brooder set up wrong !! REALLY, COME ON TAKE SOME TYPE OF RESPONSIBILITY!!!! :he:he:he:he Rant Over!!!
Update Hatchery Finally decided on a full refund of all the chicks

I agree. If they've been in business that long, they should be willing to help. This happened to me once..had them shipped. I got on the phone to talk with them...the gal could hear the ..death cry.. while we were talking. She asked how many had passed so far, and, how many looked like they weren't going to to my it. They sent a new shipment. The chicks were fine that time around.

So sorry to hear that your order went bad! Your wife is definitely a gem to go get you some more chicks! We split up our order this year. 15 online hatchery, 12 local hatchery, and setting 6 eggs. Eggs should hatch the same week eggs are shipped. I want to make sure I have some chicks that make it! Might be overkill but I’d be devastated….

So sorry to hear that your order went bad! Your wife is definitely a gem to go get you some more chicks! We split up our order this year. 15 online hatchery, 12 local hatchery, and setting 6 eggs. Eggs should hatch the same week eggs are shipped. I want to make sure I have some chicks that make it! Might be overkill but I’d be devastated….
Overkill? More chickens = good decision making in my book! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom