Full Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

Linnre

Songster
May 25, 2022
Texas
I have 3 1/2 week chicks. One was called Ameraucana/EE. I asked what it meant and this the explanation, which I appreciate (below). My question is: will I eventually be able to tell if she is full Ameraucana? Can I tell now, or is there a certain age where someone can tell? Also, what is this color? (I have called it gray).
6B261A99-EEE0-4700-8295-BF793AF70D8B.jpeg
I will attach current pics.

“It means mostly Ameraucana but potentially not full Ameraucana . With that color in that line realistically she is probably at least 90% if not full Ameraucana. However, we don’t sell them as Amerauna because they may not be full blood.

All Ameraucanas are Easter Egger but not all Easter Egger are Ameraucanas.

This line of Easter Eggers is a very high percentage of Ameraucana, that’s why I call them Ameraucana/Easter Egger Other lines are just Easter Eggers.”

Attachments

• 7FE132AA-488F-481A-B440-564272CC723E.jpeg
    7FE132AA-488F-481A-B440-564272CC723E.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 19
  • FBDB5556-A545-4932-A88C-74AA9862A2E6.jpeg
    FBDB5556-A545-4932-A88C-74AA9862A2E6.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 30
The color is called blue, gray in animals is usually called blue.
Easter eggers (Amer(i)cauna) are usually only about 50% blue egger at most, they are mixes if mixes, cream legbar can also be used for Easter egger. Amer(a)cauna is an actually breed. Where do you get them and how much did you pay? If it's at the feed store and you paid under $20 for her, she likely is an Easter egger. Some hatchers breed blue easter eggers. However, her coloring is a most dead on for a pure bred. They can go outside and they don't need the heat plate anymore with their feathers on like that.

Easter eggers (Amer(i)cauna) are usually only about 50% blue egger at most, they are mixes if mixes, cream legbar can also be used for Easter egger. Amer(a)cauna is an actually breed. Where do you get them and how much did you pay? If it's at the feed store and you paid under $20 for her, she likely is an Easter egger. Some hatchers breed blue easter eggers. However, her coloring is a most dead on for a pure bred. They can go outside and they don't need the heat plate anymore with their feathers on like that.
Thank you! I got them from a reputable breeder who was recommended by more than one person. Or maybe called something besides a breeder. A friend told me they get some chicks from other places. Maybe that’s why they don’t guarantee the breed.

They do all still go under the heat. Do they not really need it? (Or maybe they do because I have the a/c on inside?) I was wondering at what age they can go outside. I have 3 laying hens in the coop so I have to keep these separate for a while. Not sure what the next step is after this bin but will figure it out. I have them in the laundry room and let them out each day (inside). They love that!

My emailed receipt is attached. I think she cost less because she was not guaranteed as full Ameraucana.

Attachments

• 4A750B08-CC2A-456E-AA8B-7DB4C02EB66D.jpeg
    4A750B08-CC2A-456E-AA8B-7DB4C02EB66D.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 28
I have 3 1/2 week chicks. One was called Ameraucana/EE. I asked what it meant and this the explanation, which I appreciate (below). My question is: will I eventually be able to tell if she is full Ameraucana? Can I tell now, or is there a certain age where someone can tell? Also, what is this color? (I have called it gray). View attachment 3144366I will attach current pics.

“It means mostly Ameraucana but potentially not full Ameraucana . With that color in that line realistically she is probably at least 90% if not full Ameraucana. However, we don’t sell them as Amerauna because they may not be full blood.

All Ameraucanas are Easter Egger but not all Easter Egger are Ameraucanas.

This line of Easter Eggers is a very high percentage of Ameraucana, that’s why I call them Ameraucana/Easter Egger Other lines are just Easter Eggers.”
If she has some brownish color on her chest does that mean she’s not full Ameraucana?

Since it was sold as an Ameraucana/EE it is most likely an Easter egger.
That makes it definitely an Easter egger. They are great layers!
Thanks, good to know. I had hoped she would end up full Ameraucana but I’m happy with her. I wonder if she’s part Cream Legbar with that color on her chest. Either way, I’ll be excited to see her eggs! And will probably one day later on get my full Ameraucana. 😊 🐥

Back
Top Bottom