Funny for the day....

MarlaMac

Songster
Aug 14, 2022
Central Texas
I have 10 laying hens and average 7-8 eggs a day - even in this brutal Texas summer. Today, I went to collect eggs and turn off fans after all my girls left the lay boxes (as is my daily procedure). Started picking up eggs and counting as I went...7, 9, 12, 16 eggs! My minds starts to real...is it possible for my chickens all to lay 2 eggs in one sitting..??.. What is wrong with my girls?

On the walk back into the house with my 16 eggs in tote, I remembered I wasn't here yesterday afternoon and my husband was consumed with a sick dog...so no super hens for me today!

🤣😂🤣😂

I'm just happy when I walk upstairs and can remember why I did so. I usually will remember when I walk back down. :confused:
I remember many years ago, I was listening to a comedian talking about this very thing...well, walking into a room... he said to smack yourself on the butt and you would remember...lol... I tried it, and of course, it didn't work... it just made me feel silly, but gave me a good giggle....

Gotta back track...ok, what was I doing & what was I thinking, what tool am I searching for. Worse case scenario, at least I try to drink a big mug of water, if I walked back to the house. Not only am I forgetful, but also always dehydrated. At night it hits me, so darn thirsty! So I drink 5 glasses of water, then I'm up every hour all night to pee! 🙄 Yup, it's pretty bad when ya don't remember to drink water when you're beyond thirsty 😂

Back
Top Bottom