Game Cam Recommendations

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
My last flock was wiped out by a predator. So I am super nervous about moving my new girls outside. Now for reference my run roof was torn down by a tornado ans before we could fix it we got attacked. The run has now been repaired and covered to the max with hardware cloth. Coop door has 2 latches with clips through them. I still worry if I forget to close the door one night something will break in and I want to know what’s lurking out there. What brands have typically used and loved?

Attachments

• 90E14BAF-E26A-4662-BC2B-1FACC62EA802.jpeg
    90E14BAF-E26A-4662-BC2B-1FACC62EA802.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
As a hunter, I use brands I trust. But I know a lot of people use the cheap ones from Walmart with zero issues. Think they are $40.
I use tactacam reveal. They are a cell cam that sends the pic to my phone. They do require a monthly data plan, and the price is based on how many pics per month. The unlimited plan is $14.

I use the Reveal cams as well....very user friendly and the newer ones come with 2 SIM cards so you can pick the best service in your area. If you run it on a 12 volt battery it will last months without charging. I keep several batteries so that I can just go swap out when the battery gets low.

I use the Reveal cams as well....very user friendly and the newer ones come with 2 SIM cards so you can pick the best service in your area. If you run it on a 12 volt battery it will last months without charging. I keep several batteries so that I can just go swap out when the battery gets low.
I've got 2 of the original reveals, 1 of the second generation, and 1 of the new models you mentioned. I only run my cams from September to end of December.

Whatever you do, don't get the cheap chinese trail cameras from Amazon. The first 3 pages of Amazon search results are junk, and they all have 5-star reviews because the sellers pay people to leave fake reviews. I have several of those cameras and they miss 99% of shots in low light conditions. I'm planning to swap my cameras out for a Browning or other reputable brand.

Yeah that's the general state of amazon at the moment. Nothing can be trusted but more, um, verifiable methods. For me, specifically, I'd really like some that don't need a sim card. I'm only on 5 acres, so there's no long trek for me to go get an sd card, you know?

Yeah that's the general state of amazon at the moment. Nothing can be trusted but more, um, verifiable methods. For me, specifically, I'd really like some that don't need a sim card. I'm only on 5 acres, so there's no long trek for me to go get an sd card, you know?
Lots of options for non cell game cams. Sportsman's guide usually has some decent deals.

Back
Top Bottom