Gape worm in baby chick or respiratory infection?

Sheryl-02

Chirping
May 3, 2020
Just few like 3 days ago got this new chick and she has been sneezing sometimes and gasping for air
I don't know anything about the gape worm or the respiratory infection that's why I need help

The video where she is in a bucket of sort is the first day she arrived here and the video where she is close to me is today the 3rd day since she was bought to our home

Looking back at the first video it seemed like the chicks voice was kinda fine but today it just seems rough and not normal like..

Is there anyway to treat it? be it gape worm or respiratory infection at home naturally? I know it's probably asking for too much but I don't think I have the proper vet kinda medicine available here..
And I want this chick to survive.. If I can

And if there isn't a way tell me.

Few hours later-- (I couldn't post it in the morning)
the chicks breathing seems weird the whole body shakes whenever she breathes so here is the link

Day-1

Day-3 (morning)

Day3- (few minutes ago)

Update- everytime she tries to chirp only air comes out? I don't how to explain it..

Last edited:
Sounds like she has respiratory infection to me.
Do you have other chicks that came with her?
Do you have an existing flock of chickens?

You can try treating with an antibiotic like Tylan/Tylosin to see if the symptoms improve. Hard to know if it's disease or not, but I would lean that way. Do consider that most respiratory diseases make birds carriers for life and the disease can be spread to other chickens.

Sounds like she has respiratory infection to me.
Do you have other chicks that came with her?
Do you have an existing flock of chickens?

You can try treating with an antibiotic like Tylan/Tylosin to see if the symptoms improve. Hard to know if it's disease or not, but I would lean that way. Do consider that most respiratory diseases make birds carriers for life and the disease can be spread to other chickens.
Oh.. And I thought it was umm gape worm cause there were no liquid coming out of her nose or eyes
We got only 1 hen and this chick is the only one we got.
Currently we are keeping it inside so I think is fine? How does it spread to other chickens btw??
And sadly I don't think that tylan/tylosin is available here..

Back
Top Bottom