Geese genders

Excitednewbie

Songster
Nov 9, 2021
Long time no post from me, but im back! 🤗 Ive been waiting for my brown chineese geese to get a little older, they are now almost 2yrs old

Not sure if the photos are good enough but is anyone able to tell if one is a gander ?

There is a definite difference in one of their knobs compared to the other 2, i know 2 of them are female as they are laying but still not sure about 1 of them 😊

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20231002_181350.jpg
    20231002_181350.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231002_181331.jpg
    20231002_181331.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 1696231132703.jpg
    1696231132703.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 9
they are pretty geese. i don’t know about africans much because i only have pilgrims and they are auto sexed by color. but wouldn’t you know after 2 years of one of them layed any eggs in the spring?

ganders tend to have longer necks in proportion to their bodies than females. If you have multiple ganders it’s going to be murky telling who’s what.

they are pretty geese. i don’t know about africans much because i only have pilgrims and they are auto sexed by color. but wouldn’t you know after 2 years of one of them layed any eggs in the spring?
Thank you 😊 they are brown Chinese geese. Their 2nd year of laying eggs has just started, last year i definitely saw 2 of them laying eggs- but somedays we would have only 2 eggs and on the very rare occasion we would have 3 eggs, so im wondering / not sure if they are similar to the chickens and can on the odd occasion lay 2 eggs a day 💁‍♀️ one of them definitely has a slight difference in appearance and personality but its still oh so hard to tell 😅🤣

ganders tend to have longer necks in proportion to their bodies than females. If you have multiple ganders it’s going to be murky telling who’s what.
Im terrible at trying to look at proportions 😅😂😂😂 ill see if i can get some good full body photos of them. Definitely dont have multiple ganders, only have the 3 of them and have physically seen 2 of them laying ☺️ the same 2 also tried to sit on their eggs last year

so it would be nice if one was a gander, yes? perhaps the one with the bigger knob. Can you post pictures of the three of them walking together? pictures that show their whole bodies not just the faces?

so it would be nice if one was a gander, yes? perhaps the one with the bigger knob. Can you post pictures of the three of them walking together? pictures that show their whole bodies not just the faces?
It would pretty cool if one was a gander 😁 yep i will aim to grab some pictures of them together with whole bodys included in the next day or so- the weather is pretty terrible here today 🤣

Back
Top Bottom