Gen laid for 2 weeks then magically stopped

Jerb2k

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have an 8 month old Cream Legbar who started laying her beautiful blue eggs at 18 weeks. She laid sporadically for 2 weeks and then one day stopped. It’s been about 3 months or so now and she never laid again. I can’t seem to figure out why she stopped or if she’ll ever lay again so I’m coming to you folks for any insight and advice! Only other piece of info that may or may not be relevant is that she is the lowest on the pecking order out of 8 although nothing major really happens with her.

I appreciate any and all insight. Thanks!

My youngsters have been very erratic this spring. It might be a health issue, but in my girls' cases, they all look a picture of health, and I can't find any secret nests (have you searched everywhere she could possibly be laying?) so I am thinking it's the weird spring weather we've been having, and am just waiting patiently for laying to resume. Maybe you've had weird weather too?

My youngsters have been very erratic this spring. It might be a health issue, but in my girls' cases, they all look a picture of health, and I can't find any secret nests (have you searched everywhere she could possibly be laying?) so I am thinking it's the weird spring weather we've been having, and am just waiting patiently for laying to resume. Maybe you've had weird weather too?
I’m in Southern California so our weather has been pretty great. It’s so odd though. I have thought about a health issue but she seems to be in great health to me as well. I think it might be the stress of being the lowest on the pecking order but I don’t know how to fix that. Even when I bring them treats, she’s doesn’t even bother to eat since she knows she’ll get bullied away, however she’ll gobble them up if I feed her treats separately.

Hope your girls start laying regularly soon too!

Do you free range?
Not really. I built them a 24ft x 7ft run and then we let them out every day to roam the backyard for 30min-60min in the evenings right before they go to bed but it’s alway supervised.

Back
Top Bottom