Gender identity help for a Blue Cochin

Cockerel! And I know with my Cochin Bantam the ones that feather slow are cockerels. Now that's not to say a bird that feathers in at a normal rate is a pullet. Here is an example:

3 Week old Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel (sorry about the quality)
20220627_100659.jpg

3 Week old Blue Cochin Bantam pullet:
20220628_185045.jpg

A different 3 Week old Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel
20220628_185558.jpg

Well
This one is 4 weeks old. I’ve never seen a chick like this. Quite the looker. It is a large Blue Cochin. I’m guessing perhaps a Frizzle? I got the egg at a local farm The comb developed early. Late to feather but I’ve read that’s a Cochin trait. Pretty certain this is a roo. View attachment 3198114View attachment 3198115
This one is 4 weeks old. I’ve never seen a chick like this. Quite the looker. It is a large Blue Cochin. I’m guessing perhaps a Frizzle? I got the egg at a local farm The comb developed early. Late to feather but I’ve read that’s a Cochin trait. Pretty certain this is a roo. View attachment 3198114View attachment 3198115Any thoughts?
Any thoughts?
This one is 4 weeks old. I’ve never seen a chick like this. Quite the looker. It is a large Blue Cochin. I’m guessing perhaps a Frizzle? I got the egg at a local farm The comb developed early. Late to feather but I’ve read that’s a Cochin trait. Pretty certain this is a roo. View attachment 3198114View attachment 3198115Any thoughts?

No idea, but I'd love to see him/her grown up!!! 😍😍 Following in hopes!

Well. Here he is in all his glory. Some of you wanted to see him as he grew. I let my neighbor's daughter name him so his name is "Egg". He is very special and I think I'll keep him. He is terrified of everything except the Olive Egger he was hatched with and has yet to crow. I honestly don't see him mating unless I give him a ladder. A couple things. I'm thinking he might be a Frazzle. He does have some small patches where the feathers haven't grown in and his feathers are very tight curls. Also, He is now four months old and I'm not seeing any spurs. Would they be there at this age or is it still too early?

IMG_1418 2.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

Well. Here he is in all his glory. Some of you wanted to see him as he grew. I let my neighbor's daughter name him so his name is "Egg". He is very special and I think I'll keep him. He is terrified of everything except the Olive Egger he was hatched with and has yet to crow. I honestly don't see him mating unless I give him a ladder. A couple things. I'm thinking he might be a Frazzle. He does have some small patches where the feathers haven't grown in and his feathers are very tight curls. Also, He is now four months old and I'm not seeing any spurs. Would they be there at this age or is it still too early?

View attachment 3305692
View attachment 3305693
I love him!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom